Listen in to the latest Trouble & Bass playlist for Spotfiy -- Featuring a handfull of our latest releases and past favorites from all of our bass champions!
Don't forget to "Follow" us on Spotify for future updated playlists!
posted by Anonymous – 7/5/12 5:29 PM
Check out an awesome video for the premier single off our boy Matthew Dear's forthcoming album, 'Beams,' out August 27th. A music video influenced by the works of 50's filmaker, Kenneth Anger -- to find out more, check out the informative article at Beatportal.
Head to MatthewDear.com to keep up with the pending release!
posted by Anonymous – 7/5/12 4:49 PM
New mix from Zombies For Money in promotion of their latest EP "Heavy Bass Champions of the World Vol. XX". This is the first mix in a new series of mixtapes by ZFM, all inspired by different cultures of the world. First one is Angola. Second one will be India, and so on! In this mix, although not all the tracks are from Angola, all the tracks and mixes are inspired by Angolan music. In the mix you'll also find some of the original tracks that ZFM sampled for some of their tracks, like "Sururumba", "Fogo" or "Sacanagem".
Download from iTunes! Make sure to subscribe!
1. Zombies For Money - Da-me Kwanzas (Intro)
2. Zombies For Money - Sacanagem (Edit)
3. B-Ju - Dikembe (Edit)
4. Yonurican - Boriken Soul (Edit)
5. Digitaline - Africa
6. Romare - The Blues (It Began In Africa)
7. Conjunto Angola 70 - Kazucuta
8. Klipar - Do You Know
9. DJ Manaia - Rising Sun
10. The Living Graham Bond & Shooting Horses - Premier
11. Mamukueno - Rei Do Palhetinho
12. Zombies For Money - Sururumba (Caribe Version)
13. Zombies For Money feat. Drop Top - Navajo
14. Phat Deuce - Bubble Di Sistem
15. Os Korimbas - Semba Braguez
16. Astronomar & Swick - WYWD
17. J-Trick & EtcEtc - Heavy Hustle (Zombies For Money Remix)
18. Buraka Som Sistema - Hypnotyzed
20. Diplo feat. Lazerdisk Party Sex - Set It Off
21. Bonga - Marika
22. Twin Turbo - Fogo (Zombies For Money & Jony Tevez Remix)
23. Zombies For Money feat. Jony Tevez - Breakin Bad
24. Branko feat. Dominique Young Unique - Going In Hard (BeatauCue Remix)
25. Tittsworth, Rez & Des McMahon - U Fine
26. Jay Fay - Bamboula (Zombies For Money Remix)
27. John Roma - T.G.S.
28. Ze Da Lua - Ulungu Wami
29. Clicks & Wistles - Raw Passion
30. Throes & The Shine - Batida (Zombies For Money Remix)
31. Mendoza - All I Do (Le Petit Belge & Le Club Cheval Remix - Edit)
32. Le Super Borgou de Parakou - Sembe Sembe Boudou (Folklore Dendi)
posted by The Captain – 7/3/12 3:28 PM
I've gotten reiki, qigong, psychic readings, tarot and, you know, all that kooky stuff, but I've never had a full astrological chart reading. Big up to the man AC Slater who, for my birthday, got me a reading from this woman named Astrobabe (www.astrobabeonline.com). (It was over the phone, so unfortunately I can’t tell you what an Astrobabe looks like.) Your natal chart shows where the planets and stars were above you at the exact time and place you were born. It’s all very mathematical—the angles and relationships between planets like Pluto, Saturn, and Chiron (a “planetoid”) form things like squares, trines, and sexy sextiles, and this gives more insight into your core personality than you can learn from just knowing your sign. This is my chart below. More earth and water influences than a camping trip!
There is some science here: astrology has been studied since before Biblical times, back to the ancient Egyptians and ancient Greeks. Not surprisingly, a lot of the stuff I was told was like “No duh!” including that I’m extra-curious, laid-back, good at writing and speaking, and pleasure-loving. But the in-depth stuff was more interesting, like why you read your rising sign and your sun sign (the first is what you project to the world, the second is what lessons you have to learn in life), where my birth chart is in relation to the present skies of NYC (hard work until next spring at least!), and why my restlessness is caused by something like Jupiter conjunct with the sun and Uranus. But enough about Uranus, if you don’t have the money to do a full reading, you can do it online for free! Both alabe.com/freechart and chaosastrology.net have excellent online birth chart generators that even interpret the results for you. Then you can get super geeked Googling your individual aspects like, say, Mercury in Aries or whatever. But you will need to know what time you were born, though, so call your Mom already! And while you're at it, check out the one like Susan Miller at astrologyzone.com. Totally cosmic bro!
posted by Star Eyes – 9/8/11 5:56 PM